Maintenance Tips to Avoid Calling a Mobile Carpet Repair Service
Many people think that one of the downfalls of carpeted flooring is that if it gets stained, ripped, burned, stretched or ruined in any way, you have no other option but to get a replacement. However, that is not necessarily true. Sure, in some drastic cases there might not be an easy fix but oftentimes there are much cheaper carpet care options that people forget to consider. Here are some tips on how you can avoid calling a mobile carpet repair service.
- To protect your carpet, vacuum entrance areas and high-traffic areas regularly. Frequent vacuuming will reduce soil and dirt buildup. It can also help keep their nice appearance for long.
- Vacuum slowly enough to extract dust at max. Practice making one quick pass over low-traffic areas and two slow passes over high-traffic areas. Slow vacuum passes remove ground-in dirt more effectively than several fast passes.
- You should also use walk-off mats inside and out to keep dirt off the carpeting. Use coarse-textured mats outside your doors to refrain the soil from entering. And for the inside carpet, use a water-absorbent mat to prevent wet shoes on the carpeting.
- Another way to lengthen the life of your carpet is by using carpet pads. Carpet pads can act as shock absorbers and help prevent the carpet from rubbing against the rough floor beneath it.
- More importantly, if you want to keep your carpet in good shape, don’t procrastinate in fixing problems especially when it comes to stains. The more quickly you act, the easier for stains to clean.
If you are looking for a company that can offer a professional and dependable mobile carpet repair service, look no further than Mayo Floor Covering Inc.. We are complete with high-quality equipment and materials to achieve your carpet flooring goals. For more information, visit us in Naples, FL or call us at (239) 494-3875. Contact us right away!